Family Faith Story Sharing Challenge
Since our regular Sunday School teacher has come down with the flu and is also planning to travel out of town over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, I’m going to have an opportunity to teach as a substitute the next two Sundays. Our teacher gave me the green light to depart from our normal book study lessons (on “The Comeback” by Louie Giglio). Tomorrow I’m going to share a challenge inspired by the “Digital Witness for Jesus Christ” project.
Please share this document and project with others! To facilitate easier reading and sharing of this project, I’ve copied and pasted the text of the Google Document project description below.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Why: God calls us to praise Him, to share the reasons for the joy we have, to show & tell the love of his Son, Jesus, and to be his witnesses in our communities and around the world. (More on www.dw4jc.com/why/)
When: As you gather with family this holiday season…
What: Take some time to:
- Audio record at least a five minute faith story with an iPhone
- Ask for your interviewee’s permission to share their story with others online
- Share the story electronically by either:
- Posting it as a video to Facebook
- Emailing it to other relatives
- Download the free iPhone app “Voice Record Pro” (wfryer.me/vrp)
Press the red REC (record) button to start recording, then START in the upper right corner.
- Ask good open-ended questions like these:
- How do you know God is real?
- Who do you believe Jesus is?
- How have you seen God act in your life?
- Tell me a story about your life when you have needed God the most.
- How has your relationship with God changed as you’ve gotten older?
- Press STOP (square icon) when finished.
- Tap the CAMERA icon to add a photo if desired. (optional)
- Choose SAVE IN PHOTO ALBUM – SAVE.
- Select the desired template which will show date/time info and a photo if you added one.
- Tap CONTINUE.
- SHARE your recorded interview as a video:
- On Facebook by uploading it to your profile with a short message. Add the hashtag #dw4jc
- By emailing it to other family members
- Step out of your comfort zone to accept this challenge! God calls us to be bold and courageous!
- Find a quiet room to record your interview.
- Share the questions you will ask with your interviewee in advance.
- Take a photo (selfie) of you with your interviewee before you start recording.
- Consider also uploading your audio recording (saved as a video) to YouTube.
- Ask someone else for help if you get stuck on any technical issues.
- Access examples of faith story interviews on faithstories.speedofcreativity.org.